Decisions

Every morning, I get up, make coffee, and eat some cereal.


I enjoy variety- so I have a few different selections for both coffee and cereal- and before I've had coffee, I'm not exactly functioning at my cognitive capacity. It's a tough choice. 


Blonde coffee or hazelnut? Honey nut cheerios or frosted mini wheats?


If only all decisions could be that simplistic. My breakfast will not change my life (edit: coffee WILL affect my day), increase my income, or add new experience to my resume.


Today, I'm faced with a choice: 


Do I work somewhere that will give me experience for my major/future? 


OR, do I take the last opportunity I will likely have to work somewhere that my heart has been for many years?


This spring break, I (along with three other Tech students) got to go interview at a beautiful resort in Georgia for a summer internship. They put each of us up in our own hotel room, took us on a zip lining tour, a bike riding tour around the premises, showed us the sights (and the sights were good)- and I fell in love. I had an absolute blast. AND, they have the original store that Cracker Barrel is modeled after (called the Country Store). 








What's not to love? Beautiful scenery and comfort food, that's the life, right? 


It's a great opportunity with a great company, but there is still a seemingly tangible tug on my heart directing me to Marble Falls, TX. 


That's right, folks, I still love Camp of the Hills


You've heard me talk about it before. Write about it. Tweet about it. Blog about it. Pictures of it...you get it. It's the happiest place in the world for me. It has impacted my life and my faith in numerous ways, and it's hard to imagine a summer without it. Camp of the Hills is such an amazing ministry so beautifully crafted to bring at-risk youth to Christ. I LOVE being a part of the change in kids' (as well as counselors') lives. It's an honor to teach kids about God.







This is where the hard part comes in. Do I take the chance to work somewhere new, gain some different experiences and knowledge...or do I work somewhere that I know that I will be happy and make an impact? 


Is it time for me to grow up and over camp?


Is that even possible? 


There are so many pros and cons to each side. 


OH, and did I mention I need to write a report about this internship and how it relates to my major? At the resort, that will be very easily done, whereas camp I would have very little time to devote to the report. (I know that in my free time I would want to nap, reflect, etc.) 


My mind is swirling. So many people have their opinions regarding what I should do, people that I respect (from my parents to friends to professors), and so it is extremely difficult listening to them tell me that I should take the job at the resort. They clearly don't know that I make most of my decisions based upon emotion. Or perhaps they do, and that is why they are trying to sway me in the direction of adulthood.


Anyway, if you are the praying type, I would greatly appreciate it if you would ask for clarity on what my decision to be. I do not want to make it with a selfish (or a blind, for that matter) heart. 


Thank you in advanced! Hopefully I'll get to tell you about my decision soon. 


In the meantime, I hope the correct choices to life's conundrums are made clear to you. 


Have a happy day- go buy some bubble wrap. 


It'll make it even more happy for sure. 


...unless if popping sounds make you panic. In which case- do NOT go buy bubble wrap. 

Comments

Popular Posts