Where's the fun if you can't die?

I've ruined my beautiful blogging streak. I was doing so well.

It's been a month and a half.


OOOOH.



Let's just say that I gave up blogging for lent.



For all you know it could be true.



And so it shall be.




ANYWAY.



I scratched two more things off of my list from two posts ago:




Prom and Costa Rica.


FIRST, I'll talk about prom, which was on March 31.





I could stand to have prom every week. I love being with friends, I love being dressed up, and music makes me lose control.



And to top it off I went with my best friend.





It was a great night.


And an even better next day.


The following day, which was April Fools day, I received many panicked calls from a large number of friends due to the fact that I added my pal Kenneth in a relationship with my on facebook.



It was brilliant.


Short-lived, but brilliant.




NOW ONTO COSTA.


That entire week was brilliant.


Truly.

That was probably one of the most fun vacations I've ever been on.


Not only was I with my best friends, but I also got to be with one of my sister's friends, Grace.


She's just a gem.

Also at our resort were some kids from UT.


One of my favorite stories involved one of the guys that was with the group of people from University of Texas.




I say my favorite story...but this is actually the most embarrassing moment of my life.


I rarely get embarrassed.


The good thing was is that you couldn't see how flushed my cheeks were because I was so sunburned.

So here it goes...



Picture this:



An outside area where there is a bar, a bunch of tables and chairs, a dance floor, and a stage, and this guy:





The evening started off with some salsa dancing on the dance floor in front of the stage, which escalated into a conga line that formed within a matter of seconds. I wound up behind the mustached man pictured above, who was a school friend of the girl that came with my sister, and had the pleasure of meeting him earlier that day. 


Around the bar and through the audience we went, and the conga line eventually wound up on the stage.



Now, before I go any further, let me mention the fact that Milton (the mustached menace) is a fabulous dancer. I had been watching him twirl and flip girls throughout the week. So I was thrilled when he grabbed my hand to dance. 


So as everyone else on the stage is just stepping and snapping for the audience of 150+ people, I am twirling around in front, and all of a sudden I feel his arms wrap around my waist. 


I got a really sick feeling because I knew EXACTLY what he was about to do.


Before I could object, he began to flip me.



Sweet Jesus.



I don't know this kid, I'm terrified of being upside down, and I have on a dress.




As I came down out of the flip, my feet hit the DJ's laptop, and the music cuts off.


In front of all of those people.



Rad.

All eyes are on me and this dude.


We quickly leave the stage, and the DJ got his laptop set up again. 


I begged for someone to go back to my room with me because I was so humiliated, but not even my sister would leave. I was then approached at random intervals throughout the night by random people that wanted to talk with me, and laugh about the aforementioned accident.


It was something that I hadn't planned on telling anyone, but by morning it was more humorous than humiliating. 


I'm sure I didn't do the scene justice.


But you get the idea.


All in all, it was a great trip. I made a lot of good memories with a lot of good people.












Have a great day, cherish your friends, and never...


EVER...


Trust a stranger that has a mustache that looks like a longhorn.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts