What's the best part about going uphill?

You know? I'm getting sick of my posts starting with "it's been awhile"....


And I will do something about that.


Sometime.




For now, I will say that it actually has been awhile.




Since my last post, I've climbed a mountain, had my wisdom teeth out....and I moved to Lubbock for school.



WHAT.




But I'm going to take one thing at a time.



FIRST I WILL START WITH TREK.



I started off thinking that is was going to go pretty smoothly.



I realized quite quickly that it would not be so easy.


It was sort of like an extended episode of "I shouldn't be alive"



OKAY...so it wasn't that bad.


At all.


I've just been incredibly fortunate/spoiled with the luxuries of showers and toilets. Luxuries that I was without that fateful week.


But you know what? What I got out of that week was totally worth the greasy hair and smelly clothes. Ask me about that trip, and I will tell you all about it. Probably more than you ever cared to know. It was an extraordinary time being in the natural world as God intended it, and spending time with friends new and old.


Those new friends, really were new. We were paired with a group of guys from another church, and it was absolutely amazing how well (and fast) our group clicked with theirs.


It was lovely. At some points in this trip, we all had our own struggles. And everyone stepped in at seemingly just the right time to help out. These folks are great.











I could tell you all the ways that I saw God in our surroundings, but what I want is for you to seek Him in your surroundings on your own. I will, however, share you with one of the funny moments God provided me with. 

SO, one day, we were given four hours of quiet time to reflect and spend some one on one time with our creator. We were encouraged to venture off and find a place far from anyone else (and if you know me...getting lost is something that I'm REALLY good at, so I avoided straying far) so I found a large boulder to climb on top of. When I say large- I do mean it. It was over 5 feet tall and the flat top of it (at the longest point) was about 7 feet. It was perfect. About and hour and a half into this quiet time, a chipmunk crawled up to share the boulder with me. Naturally, I reached for my camera- and naturally, this caused the chipmunk to jump back to the forrest floor. I crept over to the side of the rock to get a picture of my little friend, and I...rolled off of the rock. Yep. Made me think "if a tree falls deep in the woods and no one is around to hear it, did it make a sound?" only...I definitely made a sound...but no one saw, which was cool. ANYWAY. So I'm on the ground, right? And then this chipmunk basically looks at me from a few feet away, as if to check on me, and then runs away. 


That's about how it went.


This adventure was way too awesome and there is absolutely no way that I will do it the justice that is deserves, so I'll just leave you with that chipmunk story.


But if you'd like to ask me about it, my phone line is always open!


...except when it's not.


But really. ask me about it.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4249483519504&set=vb.1358194275&type=2&theater


^My friend Sydney made that. What a talented lil nugget she is.


ONTO MY NEXT SUBJECT:


Wisdom teeth.

You know, I thought I was going to be one of those crazies that says all sorts of ridiculous things while taking hydros.


I wasn't so bad. I just felt constricted by my clothes.



And I jumbled my words.


And I would take forever to eat..but that is typical.


And I played at my 3/4th grade campus


Annnnd my face would tremble.



You know? Usually people are just miserable the week that they get theirs out, but I actually had a grand ol time! Ryan took me to the zoo and we went bowling with my sister, Chris, and my parents!

Too much joy for one day.


....moving on...



ACTUALLY,


I will save college for tomorrow. When I've got nothing better to do.




Besides collegey things.


Happy Tuesday, I'm going to sleep. So should you. Even if you're reading this during the day.




OH, and the answer is going downhill.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts