Where the West Wind Blows

Whelp...


It's summer.


Not only is it summer, but on this particular day a year ago I graduated from high school.


Which is super weird to think about.


Mainly because when I think back to everything that has happened, all the friendships formed (and changed), and how I have changed...it's just...


Weird. And fantastic at the same time.


I say that because once I left the little bubble that is my hometown along with the relationships accumulated the 18 years I was at home, I thought that nothing would change. I truly thought I was done growing, that the woman that I was supposed to be the moment I graduated.


Boy... was I wrong. I have yet to figure out who that woman is. All in good time I will, I suppose.


ANYWAY.


This is not a time to be nostalgic...and that is not what I'm trying to do.


It's a time to celebrate!


Why?


Because I've had an outstanding year!


Now, I know there are a few people reading this that would not believe that because of all the miserable calls and texts they received the first few months of school.


It's been rough. Really rough. I think back to the beginning when I could think of nothing better than to run away from the changes that were in front of me, and I am so incredibly thankful for the people that helped me through all of them.



HOWEVER, things changed dramatically, surprisingly, and quickly (thankfully) toward the end.


I'm not entirely sure why...it just did.


Well, I do know, but if I told you I'd have to kill you.


OKAY, so it's not really a state secret, it just had a lot to do with the people that came into my life. Whether is was by my own choosing, or they placed themselves there, I'm thankful for everyone put in my path this year that has helped me make it a good one.


My hat is off to all of you.


And, I mean, I never wear hats, so you should feel pretty special at all times.








Anyway...these are just some of the folks that have made an impact on my life in the past few months, Which sounds ridiculously cheesy (which, it probably is), but it's true, so I can't help but say it. 


Other than school going well, other good things have been happening as of late as well.


FOR INSTANCE:

1. I found out that my sister is having a GIRL, which is awesome, because girl are cool and boys drool.

Just kidding. I love boys. For the most part.

Eh, maybe just sometimes. But that's another post for another time.

2. I've found someone ridiculously similar to me. Not so much personality wise, but it's like we lived the same life 6 hours away from each other. She's one of the people pictured above, and one of my friends that has kept me sane during difficult times lately. It's kind of funny how I found one of my best friends at a time when I needed her the most, and under such an odd circumstance. Thanks for putting up with me.

AND, going to visit her in her hometown was one of my summer adventures so far. (Is is bad that we were having withdrawals after only a week of separation?)

ANDD, she's coming to visit me soon!

3. I got to spend some time with some of my closest friends from high school

4. I've got a kitchen to play in now, and am the most excited. Today alone I made Hawaiian chicken, bread, and cinnamon rolls...but my guy friend that eats the most is out of town. Go figure.

5. I discovered these people today










Enjoy your evening, have a fantastic day tomorrow, and most of all..

Make good choices.

Comments

Popular Posts