COTH

Camp of the Hills was incredible. Rekindled friendships, new friendships, and current friendships made stronger. It was great great great to see old friends from last year, friends from church, friends I knew from other places that ended up at Camp of the Hills, friends I didn't know too well before but now do more-so, friends that didn't exist before this visit, and some members of a church not too far from the camp. 


Here's the deal, I thought about naming names, I thought about naming lots of names, I thought about for each of these "categories" naming names. But here's the deal with naming names, naturally, there's going to be a hierarchy, there's going to be "favorites." Now, obviously, we all have "favorite" friends, we have friends we get along with better than others, but they are all still friends. So, if I was going to name names, naturally, I would start with friends who I "like" more than other friends, even though they are still friends, perhaps even good friends. But here's the deal, ranking can be sticky business. If you saw yourself on my list and you were first, what would you think? If you saw yourself on my list and you were last, what would you think? If you DIDN'T see yourself on my list, what would you think? So for this reason, I did not name names. If you read my categorical list, you know which category you fall under. You know if we're good friends. I know if we're good friends. You know if we're normal friends. I know if we're normal friends. We're all friends. 


I enjoyed seeing and talking with every single one of you. I enjoyed our conversation. A lot.

You know what else was incredible? Getting all nostalgic-like; despite the fact that we were in a different dinning hall. The first main hall that I knew and loved was engulfed by flames on March 25, 2010. 



It was INSANE. 


This last week, I got to fall in love with a new one, and make new memories in it. In my six years of volunteering at COTH, I have seen a flood, (18 inches in 5 hours) drought, fire, and another drought.

Leaving was tough, we had been sucked back into the COTH culture, and it felt good. Just give us a camera and we were back in business.  We took off into the 100+ temperatures and said adios to our home away from home, a home that is responsible for our current lives, a home that is responsible for us not returning back to work at "home" (which is a bizarre thing to think about). 



All this to say, the last week has been marvelous.  Such good times, such good experiences, such good memories.  Not only that, but Camp of the Hills is going to/has influence thousands of kids lives, God is going to work wonders through COTH this summer, it doesn't get better than that. Period.  I hope you enjoyed the story, good stories are always fun.  I hope your week is as marvelous as mine was. Seriously. In fact, to kick things off right, go out and drink out of a drinking fountain. Think about it, public, free, water, free for quenching your thirst. That's a pretty good way to start off a marvelous week.

Seriously folks, thanks for reading. Enjoy your fountain.

Comments

Popular Posts