In the Rearview

It's been a bizarre summer.


I am well most of my posts begin with me telling you how odd my life has been, and you may be tired of it, but it seems that I just don't feel like posting when my life is normal.


But that just wouldn't be fun or worth reading, would it? Or writing, for that matter.


Today I bought a new duvet cover, drove to walmart to buy big bags of ice, and took a nap


Not exciting.


I'm not saying this post is going to be the most gripping and riveting tale you have ever heard, because it more than likely will not be. Not even close, but this is something that I've been giving a lot of thought to as of late.


Things never go as planned.


And that drives me nuts.


About eight months ago, the plan was to go to Thailand.


That plan changed, and initially, I was very upset about it.


What on earth am I supposed to do with my summer?


Now, I'm not really the patient type when it boils down to waiting on God to show me what to do, so I'm glad He did it quickly.


Within about a week of finding out that Thailand had fallen through, I was told that there was a spot to work as a counselor at a camp that I have been volunteering at with my hometown church for the past 6 years. Funny thing is, I discovered this opening the day prior to the first day of training week.


So, naturally, I packed my things and headed for Camp of the Hills.


I will, however, only be there for a month, because as much as I love spontaneity, I am not prepared to pack for two months, and leave the following day. It's just not that easy.


Well, maybe it is. I just wasn't ready for it.


SO, I went to training week (I just got back) and it was entirely too much. I know the summer will hold big things for me, and I've found my peace in knowing that.



I'm looking forward to finding out what those things are, and I'm sure I'll tell you all about them.


Have a glorious day


Things I love about today:
1. Changes for the better
2. Camp of the Hills

Comments

Popular Posts