A talent for the ages

I think it pretty much speaks for itself. My best friend, the man who stuck with me through many months and thousands of miles traveled, the love of my life asked me to stand by his side forever. 







It came as a complete surprise (the timing, not the action) which is even more surprising because I have never known Mark to keep a secret from me. And this was a BIG one!

I must tell you, I feel quite silly. And here's why:

Last Friday I was having lunch with Taylor, who knew I would be traveling to camp the following morning to spend the week with my church and see Mark- asked if I thought he would be proposing while I was there. 

My response? "Nah..there's no way. I would definitely know by now"

Fast forward with me to lunchtime Saturday with Mark at Blue Bonnet Cafe (the location of our first date back in December), I told Mark about mine and Taylor's conversation. 

He laughed and proceeded to tell me different ways he was "thinking" of proposing to me. They were kind of strange and out of character. Truly, quite goofy. 

At the time I was frustrated by these "ideas." I thought...why on earth would he try to plan something elaborate when we are at the camp where we first met, why not do it there. It just seemed so obvious to me, I couldn't believe he hadn't entertained that idea.

I don't think I looked perturbed- but Mark says otherwise. ANYWAY. I was trying to mask my aversion to the thoughts he was putting out there- it was all a game for him. He knew what he was going to do, and when he was going to do it.

He even had both of our moms and his sisters there. 

IN MY DEFENSE. I didn't see my mom until after he proposed. 

Otherwise I definitely would have known what was going down.

He was the final name called at the talent show, and he got up to tell a story. 



And the rest is history!


Things I love about today:
1. I get to change my last name
2. For once, I actually really loved a surprise



Comments

Popular Posts