Happy New Year!

SINCE I LAST BLOGGED (about three years ago),

Mark and I have gotten married, gotten jobs, moved, changed jobs, adopted a dog (Banjo)....and quite a few other things, I'm sure. But you get the picture, it's been a while.

I started a new blog. But you know what? I love THIS one. There is a lot of history here.

I mean, I also have my entire collection of k-12 yearbooks...why? Memories. Though these blog posts may be more valuable than my 5th grade pictures (depending on who you ask)...that was a rough year for me. Those were pre-braces times.

ANYWAY.

Now, while some of that history may be a little embarrassing, I have chosen to embrace it. I made an attempt to transfer over all of my Semester at Sea blogs and a few other "important" pieces...but while technology has advanced tremendously in my lifetime along...that takes WAY to much time and effort. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Plus, now that I work from home, I spend a great deal of time on my computer. That being said, spending any additional time in front of a screen does not sound like a lot of fun, but it is something I enjoy so for my sake I'm going to do it. It's nice to go back and reread some fun times that I have had...especially now that some details are getting a little fuzzy. WHICH, having mentioned the SAS blogs...I stored away my SAS scrapbook in the middle of the project when we moved to Marble Falls and haven't picked it up since. So, having these memories written down are going to help big time when I tackle that project.

Speaking of projects....

Since 2019 is now upon us, I will be keeping up with a few New Year's resolutions this year (or ya know, trying to). One of them, you guessed it, is keeping this blog updated. I also plan on:

  • Doing at least one new craft every month
  • Spending more time on doing things that I enjoy each week (gardening, ukulele playing, etc.)
  • Traveling (I'm not opposed to within the state of Texas...I just would like to spend more time experiencing different things)
  • Buying different kinds of wine, this one should be fun
  • Read one book a month (I've made a bad habit about starting multiple books at once...then never finishing any of them)
  • Losing weight. I didn't gain the freshman 15 in college...but the newlywed (enter # here)...yeah, that I did.

Now that you know what my future plans are, let me tell you about mine and Mark's anniversary!

The way I figure it, since we got married on New Year's Eve, we will always have something fun to do! This year, we stayed the night at Horseshoe Bay Resort (just down the road) to ring in the new year in a special way, and to listen to a great band called the Argyles. We had a great night meeting new people and dancing into the new year.




That's all for now, wish me luck! I'll be revisiting those resolutions frequently. It's good to be back.

Things I love about today:
1. New beginnings. Even though you can start something new at any time you wish, there is something about getting a new planner that gets you amped about starting other new things and filling your time wisely
2. My darling husband. Two year of marriage in the books. We don't have it all figured out...but we are having a lot of fun along the way. 

Comments

Popular Posts