Ready Teddy

I know I keep talking about the end of summer...but in the midst of this last week of freedom and happiness, I realized that out of all of the summers I have been through, this is the summer that I've learned the most. I think it has prepared me for my last year of high school. The final inch of my childhood ruler, if you will.


I'M READY.






NOW, most of the things that I am about to list are often heard, but never taken seriously.


Well...never taken seriously until you realize that it applies to you.


ANYWAY:


1. Spend more time with those who make you smile and less time with those who you feel pressured to impress. You're not impressing anyone by being lame. Ask yourself whether each of your relationships drags you down or lifts you up.  Surrounding yourself with positive, loving people is half the battle of living a happy, successful life.




2.  The greatest struggle is to be something that is different than from what the average person is. 


3.  Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness.  Let it go. I really struggle with this, but forgiveness is one of the primary keys to happiness.


4. Time really does fly. 


5. Just give up worrying about what others think of you.  What they think isn’t important.  What IS important is how you feel about yourself. You're cool. Stay that way.


6. You have the potential to learn great things from your mistakes when you aren’t busy denying them.


7.  Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Shake it up.  Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will ensue only after you dare to lose.


8. Never lie–not even a white lie. I understand this is a big one, but when you steer away from the truth, you steer away from your soul.  Be honest, be real, and tell the truth.  This awareness forces you to make better choices and be a stronger person. PLUS, that feeling of being caught in a lie sucks. We all know how it feels, so the best way to avoid it is to not lie, right? RIGHT.


9. If you want to feel rich, just count all the great things you have that money can’t buy.


10.Be vulnerable.  Allow yourself to feel, to be open and authentic.  Tear down any emotional brick walls you have built around you and feel every exquisite emotion, both good and bad.  This is real life.  This is how you welcome new opportunities.




I would have really liked to have a nice, round number. 10 sounded good...but I've got one more. And it's a big one.




11. Everyone wants a perfect ending.  But over the years I’ve learned that some of the best poems don’t rhyme, and many great stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle, or end.  Life is about not knowing, embracing change, and taking a moment and making the best of it without knowing what’s going to happen next.




      I learned these things not necessarily by making all the mistakes myself. Rather, being my hyper-sensitive self, I usually paid attention to other people's reactions or actions to myself as a person or to other people in the same room as I. 






Knowing all of this, I hope to make this year a good one. I hope yours is good too.




Happy Tuesday everyone.






Also, happy roller coaster day. The roller coaster was patented 113 years ago today. 


Comments

  1. What an inspiring and enlightening entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very insightful! You know sometimes I think, over-thinking is not good. But judging from your experiences, I think it can also be a good thing. At least you've prepared yourself for all the things that life will throw your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so brilliantly written + composed. You caught my heart. I'm going to hug my Mom now , thank you

    (^.^) hope to hear from you - love
    amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts