The Final Countdown

By "The Final Countdown"...


...I mean that it is finals week at Texas Tech.


Below is a video that my friend Josh made. If you are taking finals, (and even if you are not) this video is hands down worthy of your time. He's a hoot.






...I supposed I should be stressed out.


But I'm not. 


Which I think is a blessing.


...because everyone around me is going crazy.


I mean look...this picture would appear to be my lovely roommate Kelsey in her pjs..but what the camera did not capture was her "Frank" accent from the movie Father of the Bride. She spent a good solid hour speaking like him.






She's a nut.



There's also my neighboor...her picture is sort of self explanatory.





Earlier this evening she tried to shoot me in the back of the head with it, but I turned and she shot me square in the eye. 


So I gave her a wet willie. Payback is sweet.


ANYWHO.


There are just so many good things going on right now, and great things happening in the weeks to come!


Let's start with the occurrences since Thanksgiving:


The week we got back from break, we had a semi-formal for Phi Lamb...and I didn't have a date. WHAT TO DO? 


Ask a stranger, of course.





This is real. I had actually just met him. He was one of my friend's date's roommate. 


Now, most people would consider this awkward...


...but my mantra as of late has been "It's only awkward if you say it's awkward." Which is true. Everyone should live by it.


ANYWAY, he said yes. And we had a blast.


We also went to Carol of the Lights beforehand, which was pretty cool. A little chilly in a cocktail dress, but I survived.









Since then, I've gone to tacky Christmas sweater parties out the wazoo. 









THEN, two nights ago, I got asked to a formal.


Twenty minutes after it started.


I got ready in about fifteenish minutes.


I felt kind of awesome.




And rushed. But whatever. It was super fun, and I met a lot of awesome people.


It's been a great couple of weeks.


...now I'm taking finals. I've got one down and four to go. 


My next one is at 7:30 tomorrow morning. 


That's right...7:30 on a Saturday morning.


That's not even a thing.



The only thing getting me through it is the idea that in 
5 days I will be home 
7 days I will get to see Fun. in concert 
8 days I get to watch one of my friends get married
11 days I will be reunited with my best friends.



I'm really excited about the first and the last items on the list.


I've liked getting to know people, but I miss the relationships that I can sit with and say nothing to.


ALRIGHT...I've done enough procrastinating.


Okay..


ONE MORE THING..


If you're needing something to watch as a study break...youtube stalk my friend Josh. Here's another one of his videos.





Happy finals, everyone. 





Comments

Popular Posts