Breather

You know those days when one little thing happens or someone says something to you that throws you off of your A game?


That is the story for today.



Well, not really the story. Just how I'm feeling.



I need to take a breather...hence the title.




People just drive me nuts sometimes.



You know?



Of course you do.



That was a silly question.



HOWEVER



There are ways to get past it.



Like watching this video:







And if that doesn't work, then this one will:





Okay. I know that was a weird start...but it's been a weird week


A weird week for weather and relationships alike. 


It was snowing earlier this week, and I am currently enjoying clear skies at a pleasant 76 degrees. 


Lubbock weather is like...what? You took all of your winter clothes and coats home last week? Well this will be fun. SO I FROZE.

Not really. That was a bit overdramatic.


..So that's why I said weather. 


Actually, it's been a weird month, for that matter.


That's why I haven't posted in 30+ days.


And it hasn't stopped.


Not all of it has been bad.


FOR INSTANCE,


So, this day didn't start out so great.. 


BUT


It keeps getting better.


I flew home today and got to sit next to a nice, middle-aged cowboy who was toting around a horse saddle as his carry-on, I didn't wear pants, I only fell twice, and then my sister brought me pie.


Overall, I'd say that it has been a very successful day.


That's what I need to do every time I have a "woe is me" day. 


Make a list of everything in  my day that has made me smile.


Because when it boils down to it...I overreact to 85% of the situations that play out before me.


It's snowing outside?




You got a new puppy?



There's a Batman marathon on ABC family?


I have no idea what you just said, but you're talking really quickly and at a tone that only dogs can hear and seem to be really really excited so I'm just going to mirror whatever you're doing..




And then there are times when "bad" things happen, and my reaction is to blog about it. 


Or make faces.


You just cut me off in traffic? 



There is a pop quiz today? I read for a different class?


I burned my pop tart? How does that even happen?




OKAY. Enough of that. 



MY POINT IS, each time I find myself overreacting to the little things in life (like burning pop tarts); I find that it is because I’m not interacting with my Father.

…okay. So the burning of cheap breakfast does not directly correlate my relationship with God, but I’m trying to keep things light so bear with me here.


And when I get upset, I don’t look as cute as those animals. I probably look more like this:




…anyway…

I get all caught up in things that don't deserve the time that I spend thinking (or in some cases as of late- brooding) about, and when I really take a moment to think about what has got me so worked up, I can't come up with anything. Then I realized- it's a bunch of little things adding up, building a wall up around myself finally taking me to an unnecessary breaking point.


I know this is an overheard sermon, but it's been weighing rather heavily on me recently. 



“Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” –Psalm 139:23-24

I know there will still be many times I will be less than pleasant, as I am still a work in progress, but from this blog forward I am going to be more conscientious of my reactions, my mood…and my facial expressions.

BECAUSE:

“There are two things over which you have complete dominion, authority, and control- your mind and your mouth” –African Proverb

I would also like to take a moment to thank those who put up with me, picked me up, and loved me in the times when I'm not at my best:



I believe this is an accurate way to show you all how I feel about you.

Things I love about today:
1. Being home to spend time with my family
2. Friends that get me through sucky situations
3. Pie
4. Warm weather 


Comments

Popular Posts