Does business casual include chacos?

In the last post, I was having a difficult time determining how I will be spending my summer.


It's time to grow up and make my decision.


So I did.


And it was the wrong one.


I bit the bullet and called Georgia one day to let them know that they should be expecting me late May.


From the moment I hung up the phone, my stomach was in knots. I figured it was something that would pass, but as a week went by, the feeling that I did not choose correctly had been a constant. So I did something a little crazy, and a little unprofessional. I backed out of the internship. And I could not have been more happy about it. I called up our director at camp and signed myself up for another summer!


No turning back now- and I'd never want to.


All of the anxiety that I was experiencing with this decision was completely wiped away when I committed to camp. I now know that the right choice has OFFICIALLY been made.


So-


Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and advice. I'm sorry if I did not follow your advice. This was most certainly a matter of the heart, and I'm glad in the end that it was my heart that won.


As it should. At least for me, I'm much more complacent when my heart is in a good place. There is no better place than at the foot of the throne. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me this year!



This was just a quick post to update all of you! Thank you again for all of your help!

Things I love about today:
1. I'm going back home in less than a month
2. Camp will count as my internship
3. The fact that I will get to wear athletic clothes all summer (as opposed to business casual)


Oh, and to answer the question- no. Chacos are not an acceptable pair of shoes to pair with a blouse and a pencil skirt.


I think I'll start a movement to make it a requirement and I hope that you will assist me.

Comments

Popular Posts