NYE

If you sat me down last New Year's Eve, and told me that in exactly one year I would be on a date with my fiancé, discussing our wedding for the following NYE- I would have laughed.

Probably nervously.

What an insane year it has been.

2015 is quite possibly my favorite year of life thus far.

Downright WILD.

Let's do a (VERY brief) recap for those of you that do not follow my blog:

I celebrated last New Year's Eve with my boyfriend and family, met the aforementioned boyfriend's family, hopped on a ship, sailed around the world, made the best friends a girl could ask for, visited 16 countries with Semester at Sea, went to Haiti, got engaged, started my senior year of college, and so, SO much more.

2015 was exceptionally kind to me.

When I began reflecting on all that I have done this past year- I couldn't help but pity 2016. How could it POSSIBLY compete?

Let me tell you...

2016 is already looking pretty grand.

No matter how cheesy it may be, 2016 is truly going to be the beginning of the best (and most challenging- let's be honest) years of my life!

AFTER ALL, I will be graduating from Texas Tech and getting married.

In the same month.

I am STOKED!

...primarily for the second part, as you can imagine.

While I may not know exactly what 2016 has in store from me until December, I'm going to enjoy my final year in school and the remainder of being in this season of engagement with my best friend.

That may be easier said than done, I know that very well. After all, there is a price that comes along with being in Lubbock.

I have a year of school remaining, and I am still a 7 hour drive from Mark.

However, my fingers are crossed that this next year will fly by.

I know, I know. Don't wish time away. But I'm sure to a certain extent you, my friend, can understand why I'm ready to move on to my next chapter.


Things I love about today:

1. The opportunity of a lifetime to love fiercely
2. The opportunity of a lifetime to see the world
3. My fiancé. Not just today- for a lifetime





Comments

Popular Posts