Trees, ukes, and moon pies

Congratulations.



You have survived the end of the world.



....again.



And Christmas.





And the beginning of the new year.


We will, as per usual, start with the past first. Save the 2013 hype for a little later in the post.



I cannot believe that another year has passed me by, because it seems like yesterday that we were celebrating the beginning of 2012.


2012 was I big year, I suppose.




You wouldn't know that from Facebook, though.




You know how it gives you the option to "See Your Year 2012 In Review?"


Which, in real life, is just the 20 things that you posted in 2012 that acquired the most likes.



WHICH, according to my Facebook, the most influential moments of my past year include (but are not limited to) a photo of my holding a prairie dog named Preston, and my father summiting Mt. Kilimanjaro...which was not exactly something monumental in my life...it was just a Ron thing.




Oh, and a video of my friend Caleb singing "Sexy and I Know It"



Which I would post, but I feel like he'd get upset.




If you out in some serious effort into Facebook stalking me, you might be lucky enough to find it. Best of luck to those of you that are bored enough to locate it.




ALSO- (to those of you bored enough to locate it) Get a new hobby this year. You clearly need one.



Might I recommend playing the ukulele?




Moving along...



2012 really was a big year.



Lots of changes.




It was jam packed with great memories with great people (and some sucky ones) ((lets be honest)) (((highschool wasn't that great))), a lot of goodbyes, and loads of new faces.



I would go into it...but this is a blog.


And if you keep up with it, (or you facebook stalked me to find that video) then you already know how 2012 went for me.


So that's that.


Happy 2013, folks.








So, this isn't really a New Year's Eve picture, but none of my pictures turned out very well-and I felt that it was necessary to put a festive photo in...and this one fit the bill.







I suppose that it is now time for me to post my New Year's resolutions, eh?



I mean, that is what everyone is doing...and I hate to follow suit...but if they're out there in the open, perhaps a friend or two will keep me in check.



So here we go...






In 2013, I hope to




1. Work up the courage to be this awesome:




(This is sort of unrelated...but it was a video on the sidebar that stood out to me after I watched the video above)




Beautiful. Just beautiful.


MOVING ALONG


2. Plan some quiet time, away from all the commotion of every day life, and just sit for a while. Silence really is golden, and you can “hear” things when there’s no clatter. If you’re anything like this, you need this time to remain sane.



3. Enjoy life more. I like to think that I appreciate my life and the people in it, and I figure most times I do, but I'd like to be more expressive about it. Tell people exactly how I feel about them (unless if I feel negatively towards them...in which case I will hold that in). The other day, I got together with a few friends and we did a little craft that we found on pinterest where you decorate a jar, and throughout 2013 you fill it with notes, ticket stubs, maps, etc of good things so that you may relive all of the fond memories next New Year's eve. I highly recommend this idea, even if you were to just write things down in a spiral or something, it would help you recognize the often overlooked aspects of your life that deserve recognitions. 


4. Love everyone that I come into contact with. This was not initially on my list, but after typing out the last one, I felt it necessary.



5. Remember to listen to my intuition and act on what it tells me, without delay. Whether I like it or not. Tuning into myself honestly and behaving accordingly is always better in the end. I’ve been working on it for a while now, and it helps me in many aspects of my life. But I still forget to listen sometimes, or find it difficult to believe myself, and act on what I know.


That concludes my resolutions for this year.



Always remember that you can make a new start anytime- not just at the beginning of a new year. You are always growing.




So, here's wishing each and every one of you a wonderful day and a joyous new year!




Things I love about today:

1. New beginnings
2. Sweet friends
3. This guy:


Comments

Popular Posts