Embarkation Station

Today is the day where months of planning  finally become reality! 





I'm excited out of my mind, but am slightly nervous. It's like the first day of freshman year...with the exception that I don't care what I look like because I have a three hour bus ride standing between me and the MV Explorer. Oh well. Time to meet some new folks!


Meanwhile, I've enjoyed the past couple of days in San Diego with my mom, grandmother, and sister, Emily. 


Even though they got to board the ship last night...and take a selfie in front of my cabin. I'm glad that their priorities are straight. 


Anyway.


We indulged in a wonderful dinner at Ruth's Chris, and we had a very charismatic waiter named Ben, who at the end of the meal brought us a surprise "Bon Voyage" creme brûlée! I mean really, how great is that? 



You know, the thing I'm looking forward to the most is the people that I will encounter- and Ben is the first of hundreds, I'm sure of it.




 It was a lovely evening with even more lovely people- but I could not help but to be anxious for the following day...which is now today...


SPEAKING OF WHICH.


I should probably go finish getting ready- my bus will be here in under an hour, and I've been doing everything but what I'm supposed to do this morning. I mean really...I got up at 7:30, took a shower, dried my hair (which I really dislike to do), and now I'm just typing away- avoiding reality. Perhaps not avoiding-- it just doesn't feel real yet. 


You know it's real when you're throwing all of your belongings in your duffles with 15 minutes to spare before I absolutely HAVE to stumble downstairs to a new sea of people with all of my baggage. I feel like there's a life lesson somewhere in there.

Now accepting: prayers, good lucks, 11:11 wishes, and dances like the ones in The Proposal. 


Catch you on the flip side!


Things I love about today:
1. Meeting new people
2. My supportive family
3. A new adventure


Comments

  1. Have fun! Sorry I wasn't there to join you! Enjoy-this is the trip that changes your life and infects you with wanderlust! Trust me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts