70 Degrees of Paradise

Traveling on the MV Explore has reminded me a great deal of being in Lubbock, as of late.


Let me explain why.


Two weeks ago I was in Japan, and rather cold- as you likely have read. If not…I was very cold there. Especially in the mountains. Where it snowed.


A few short days ago, I was freezing while walking through the streets of Shanghai and riding in a rickshaw in Beijing bundled in layers on layers of clothes (and a dirty looking blanket)


Where am I today, you ask? Sitting outside. In shorts. Only a few hundred nautical miles from Vietnam.


And I remember one day in Lubbock where it was sunny and 70 degrees- perfect weather for short sleeves and chacos…and then the next day it snowed.


It’s a little backwards here- but pretty much the same concept. I was standing on deck 5 of the ship with a jacket on waving goodbye to Honk Kong, and woke up to the weather being completely different.


The Voice came on in the middle of the day to tell us out latitude, longitude, how many miles we’ve travelled, etc…the most beautiful thing that man said was “it is currently 70 degrees outside…” As you know, I prefer warm weather, so this is pure bliss.


That being said- I am extremely excited for this branch of the voyage.


February is just an exciting month. We’ve been to Japan and China, and will arrive in Ho Chi Minh tomorrow (and shortly after I get off of the ship I will take a bus to Cambodia for 5 days), then Singapore and Burma.


Six countries in 28 days…


I’ll find some time to breathe.


But I can’t waste my time with that now- because do you know what time it is??


PACKING TIME.


My favorite time.


But I’m actually excited to be packing for warm weather- it will fit much more easily in my backpack than my wardrobe for China.


Off I go! Imagine me waking up for the sunrise tomorrow, and saying “Goooood morniiiiing Vietnam” in my best Robin Williams impersonation.


Because it is bound to happen.


Things I love about today:
1.   My friend Dylan, who put my spare strings on my ukulele for me last night
2.   Warm weather
3.   Land tomorrow!!!

I love land.


And you.



Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts