Leaving On a Jet Plane (again)

I'm getting very much used to flying over the course of this whole SAS thing. But I have to say...British airways is my favorite airline to travel. Why? Because they have awesome food. I've really come to appreciate good food after living on the ship and eating primarily pasta and potatoes.

So the sight of a canadian bacon panini and the taste of a good quality coffee really delighted me.

Anyway, I'm just killing time on the flight and thought I'd share a few things about my immediate present.

Next to me, there is a couple who look to be in their mid 70's. The wife's head is rested on her husband's shoulder and they are talking while he is flipping through a news paper. It makes me so excited about going to Haiti with Mark. Just the fact that I will be able to reach out and touch him simply thrills me. Gone will be the days of seamail (and "not being able to retrieve messages") and wifi hunting. It is exhausting.

 I'm just ready to be back in the same state as him.

Heck, I'll be thrilled when my feet hit the continental US.

These two love birds next to me just made the fact that I miss Mark grow exponentially.

Though I had nothing profound to say today about my travels, that is a very important part of my time abroad.

Long distance relationships are just as difficult as people say. It affects me every day. Whether I'm overjoyed to be able to see his face, distraught when and email doesn't come through, or sad/jealous when I look around and see other couples enjoying their time together.

Sitting next to that older married couple, however, put things into perspective. Semester at Sea is a relatively small span of time on my timeline, and maybe- just maybe, that can be us in 50 years.

Things I love about today:
1. Good coffee
2. The fact that long distance does not last forever
3. In a month and a half, I'll be able to rest my head on my sweet boyfriend's shoulder again



Comments

Popular Posts