Deep in the heart of the matter

In exactly one month, my feet will be on US soil.

More specifically, Texas soil.

Or maybe concrete…because it's not nice to walk through someone's flower beds, you know?

Which is great (being in Texas), but the other side of this happy little situation, is a very…very sad one.

In less than three weeks time, I must say goodbye to my floating home and all of the people that I have come to love this semester.

Whether it was graduating from high school/college, moving, or leaving after a full summer at camp, at some point or another- we have all had to say goodbye to a body of people we have spent a great deal of time with.

This time is so very different. I'm really having a difficult time dealing with the idea that this group of people will never be together again.

Sure, visiting each other is an option…but getting 621 people together would be rather difficult. Especially with all of the international students. Timing would definitely be rough.

DO YOU SEE MY DILEMMA?

It also does not help that people keep talking about the end of the voyage. Though we shush the Debbie Downers in our crowd- it is something we must eventually face.

We have 9 days of class left.

Papers (on papers on papers) due.

Presentations to work on.

Things to pack.

And we only have one more official port remaining.

…but I'm trying not to focus on that too much.

I've got exciting things coming up!

Docking in England means that I get to spend a week in London and Paris with my mom, dad, and sister Emily.

Landing in Dallas means I get to see my Lauren, Amanda, Neil, and Amelia.

Spending a week at home means that I can relax and recoup from the semester.

At that week's end, I get to see a couple of my favorite men- Mark and Dave Matthews. Simultaneously. Which just sounds like a good time. (Don't worry, Dad. You're still #1) ((Sorry Mark))

After that, I'll be on my way to Haiti with Mark, my parents, and a few other folks from my hometown church- which I'm very excited about!

See? Though good things are ending, great things are still to come!

The heart of the matter is...

 
I just need to remember those exciting things on the horizon and enjoy my final weeks here rather than moping around. 


Things I love about today:
1.   The friends that I have that I will miss
2.   Being able to walk down the hallway to see these people
3.   School…even if it is a pain sometimes. I am blessed

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts