Disembarkation Station


Things do not always go according to Japlans.

Your Chitenerary will not go as you originally intended.

And all of those other country puns…

Life is unexpected.

I did not expect to fall in love with my life on the ship. I did not expect to find such a wonderful group of friends. Friends that I will genuinely miss living life with.




I expected to see the world, but I expected to do it alone. I expected that everyone would have come onto this shindig with their friend groups already mapped out.

I’m thankful that was just the worrywart in me coming out.

Which brings me here.

One last early morning would not kill me.

I got up with my alarm at 05:02, so I could watch the final sunrise with my friends and eat breakfast together.

It was arguably the longest day of the voyage- largely because it was without a doubt the most emotion filled. 

I grabbed my quilt from the end of my bed and wandered outside to find my pals.

The sunrise was certainly not the brightest of the voyage- or even close. It was cloudy and sprinkling a bit, almost as if the sky was sad, too.

Yes. Yes I know exactly how corny that sounded- but I do not care one bit.

We all sat together through the bitter end and I was a wreck through it all.

When I was finally pulled myself together- the first sea was called and Sydney gave us all 'see you later' hugs. She got to me, and my eyes started welling up with tears, and she said "It's 2015. Long distance relationships work. You and I both know that."

I. Lost. It.

So, there I was- in the middle of the piano lounge, wearing my emotions on my sleeves. And multiple kleenex. And I could not stop.

It was very much like stop and go traffic. I'd be fine for a time, then I'd hear a familiar laugh, see a friendly face, or receive a hug and it would start all over again.

A pretty vicious cycle, huh?

But I mean, when I saw those people, I wondered when the next time I would see them. Or IF I would ever see them. The thought haunted me.

And in the midst of experiencing all this sadness (and joy, for having such wonderful relationships to be sad over) I had to pull myself together to see my parents and Emily! 

WHICH, is AWESOME news. My family flew all the way to England to pick me up.

But for now- I've got to figure out how to balance it all. 

Things I love about today:
…the best way for me to tell you if for you to read my posts from this calendar year.  What is not to love?

Comments

Popular Posts